Tuesday 8 March 2016

WORDS THAT YOU SHOULD AVOID ON A JOB INTERVIEW



Interviews in many countries often done in English, especially abroad requires English as way of communication, and English is the international standard language. But there are certain English words that you shouldn’t use especially on a job interview.


Applicants using these kind words often get rejected, and for sure many of you done the same thing, without knowing that you said something inappropriate and you will probably ask yourself, ‘’where did I go wrong?”. And this kind of situation, your self-esteem will get lower and your confidence will be reduced drastically. Which again, you can read our previous article about, how toenhance self-esteem to prevent depression.



Anyway on this article I’ve listed some of the critical words that your probably often use without knowing that these words are inappropriate.


Quote of the day:
“We are all a work in progress, consistently trying to get better and working harder toward our goals."
-Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson definitely


These are the list of inappropriate worlds that you shouldn’t use on a job interview


1 Slang words
You should not use slang words on a job interview like kinda, yah, and etc. instead of making it slang, and it will be more appropriate and professional if you use the whole form, which kinda is actually Kind of and instead of yah, yeah, yey use a firm yes. Just be sure on a job interview, be careful and avoid slang words.


2 Um…
The problem in this word, you are actually unaware of how often you use it. But did you know this word shows your inconsistency, lack of self-confidence, unprepared and weakness. So to lessen or to totally remove it in your vocabulary, try talking to yourself in the mirror or with your friend, thinking that you are born as an English people and like what I said on our previous article preparing your mind and body for a job interview will lessen this err.


3 Motivated, Dedicated
You might be thinking that these kinds of words are pleasing to hear, and you might think that your interviewer will think you don’t need a babysitter because of these words? Well think again because you are wrong, these kinds of words nowadays show your interviewer that you need babysitter and you are just wasting their time. Instead of using these words, you can substitute I study hard to fit with the position that I am applying, instead of “I am motivated by blah something to fit with this position” or “I learn by my experience to be productive” instead of “I dedicated myself to this field to be productive”.


4 Fired
If the interviewer asks the question why did you leave your previous job? Don’t ever told them you get fired if you were, because it implies to your interviewer that you are not a serious worker or not diligent at work unproductive, worst case your interviewer will think that you are a dumb ass or stupid.


5 To learn, to gain
You can use the word learn, but if the question is why are you applying for this position, don’t ever answer to learn something new or to gain more knowledge, because it’s a cliché and your interviewer will think that you just want to gain experience from their company. Instead of this words try using to maximize, for example

Interviewer: why are you applying for this job or position?
Mr. Jobless: I am applying for this position, because in this position there is a chance that I can maximize my expertise and enhance my knowledge to help the company growth.


6 Basically
For sure many of you use this word a lot on a job interview, but from its root word “basic” itself, it will show how basic you are, I know this word is tempting to use, like when you are on a pause or prelude for example: basically, I am a hard stubborn worker who wants overtime everyday as possible, but did you know that it will be much better if you say it directly without out using the word “basically”.

“I am a hard stubborn worker who wants overtime everyday as possible”.


7 Don’t say bad things about your previous company
Like hate, terrible, horrible, awful, etc. these kind of word will reflect in your personality and will have a bad impact to your interviewer, because this shows disrespect to your previous company, your interviewer will think that you will say those awful words to them in the future when you left their company, this often use in a question why did you leaved your previous company? Or work? Just do avoid using them.


8 Nervous
Don’t ever say “I am nervous” on a job interview because your interviewer will think that you are not ready, you are not prepared, or maybe inexperienced, or weak. When you are nervous just do the this technique, think that you are really nervous at the waiting area or at the lobby before you go inside the interview room, this is called reverse psychology and it’s a proven way of reducing the urge of nervousness. Or instead of using this “nervous” word why don’t you use I am overwhelmed.


9 I need at least
“I need at least” usually use when the interviewer ask how much time do you need to start with our company or to prepare your documents? We often answer this question starting the word “I need at least” but did you know that base on surveys, removing these words and telling a direct answer will give a more positive impact to the employer or interviewer, just tell them or start your sentence with “I can start” example: instead of I need at least a week or two to prepare or to start, use I can start or prepare my documents within a week or two, see I can is more positive than I need.


10 I just
This “just’’ word is a toxic filler word, because instead of saying the word or sentence directly you will fill them with I just, like for example I just want to have a decent work, or I just think that I maybe fit for the position, by saying I just to your interviewer this will show again that you just not seems confident and prepared, just tell or say or firm, I want a decent job that is why I am Appling for this position, I think that I will be fit for the position. Just do avoid I just.


Hi guys thanks for reading this article, if you find this article helpful, please comment to our blog and join us and suggest a topic that you want to talk about!


God Bless Us all and Happy Job Hunting!








No comments:

Post a Comment

JOB POST NOV15 2020

_________________________________________________ DRIVER ASSISTANT We are in need of Male Filipino PICK UP DELIVERY ASSOCIATE for a well kno...